Saturday 29 March 2014

The joys of facebook...


I get it - I really do. I know that pregnancy is not a walk in the park. I've seen my mum go through it a fair few times, and her pregnancies were a far cry away from a positive experience.

I know that you get sick, you are ridiculously tired, you can't sleep, you get swollen feet, you have to carry baby and bump around for months....etc,etc...

However. What do you do when someone on Facebook updates her status twice a day about how crap her pregnancy is, how she can't wait until it is over, how rubbish it is. Easy answer, I know, delete Facebook. I would, but have family on there that live far away and they rely on photo's etc to keep updated.

Sometimes you just want to scream - do you not realise how lucky you are. You have a beautiful baby growing inside you. I understand that from her point of view her pregnancy is crap, but it can't  be as crap as the 3 years we have spent wishing for that.

She will meet her baby soon, and her pregnancy will be far from her mind - we will still be waiting for our dream.

If there are any ladies reading this, that are having a difficult pregnancy, then hugs to you, stay strong, you will have your baby soon. You have every right to complain  -  I'm sure I will when the time comes! But before you share it on Facebook, or shout it from the rooftops, be mindful of the ladies out there that would do everything and anything to be in your situation.


I'm sure we have all been here. Just sending big cyber hugs to all you ladies <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment :)