Monday 17 March 2014

Lights and tunnels and all that...

They don't lie when they tell you it is an emotional journey. A positive but tiring day full of ups and downs. 

So we got to the clinic early, Hubby, myself and my orange pants went for a pot of tea first. It felt like the longest 30 minutes ever, waiting for the clock to tick around to 2.45pm.

I have to say, the clinic was brilliant and make you feel very relaxed. All sorts of emotions go through your head. Walking in, you see other ladies and gentleman waiting as well... In a normal hospital you see all these different people and can't help but wonder what they are there for. Today you knew... they were there for exactly the same reason as us. They longed for a baby - another little person to make their family complete. Everyone there are going through the same emotion filled journey as we are.

We went in to the nurses room, reality hit me - conception is supposed to be the most natural thing in the world, and here I was on a bed, catching a chill, with my feet in the air... 

So one overy has lots of follicles and has PCOS - the other looks ok. 

Whilst I could do with loosing a few more pounds, my BMI was under the cut off. So the lovely nurse took some blood and asked us to go into the waiting area. We then went into the consultant, who went into detail about the procedure, explained the negatives and asked lots of questions about our medical history. 

With PCOS, there is a higher risk of OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome), so they will have to monitor the effect the medication has on me closely. 

All in all, it was a good day, we learnt alot, we are moving forward - but boy am I drained. 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel - we are on our way - all being well, 4 months from now we will be close to testing. This is what we need to hold on to. But I am scared - it all feels so real now! 

I salute all you wonderful couples/ladies that go through this, because it takes guts, stamina and strength. 

I am leaving now - I need to shout from my rooftops.... 

We are officially on the IVF journey.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment :)