Thursday 30 January 2014

Sex Education Blunder...

Ok, so I came across the following picture while I was planning my next wedding and decorating my nursery on Pinterest... 


and the realisation hit my like a brick. My sex education teacher was misinformed. The school taught us wrong. A room of 30 teenagers and every single one of us had been given the incorrect sex talk. 

My teacher told us in a whirlwind of a lesson that we were not to have sex, not to kiss, not to even look at a member of the opposite sex because we WILL get pregnant. 

Hmmmf. Perhaps I should go and ask him where my baby is. 

Alright, so I will climb down off of my horse, and accept that it is important for teens to be aware of the dangers of unprotected sex, however am I the only one that had no idea that infertility even existed? 

No-one explained to me that we have a fertile window, that you have to time your lovely time. Imagine my great surprise when I came off the pill and one year later I still had no bump. I was gobsmacked when I found out that some people can't just get pregnant. 

Just a quick note to any young ones reading... it really is important to use protection, as there are many many people who find conception easy, and the chances of you having fertility issues can be very slim... 

What does everyone think? Should schools also cover infertility? Should people be more educated on how difficult it can be? Comments below ... oh and my follower is rather lonely on her own...please join us!


1 comment:

  1. There should certainly be some more education for us ladies although I'm not sure at what point in our lives. I knew your chances decreased but not how much and how many problems there could be. I would have taken the information in appropriately at 11/12 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :)