Tuesday 14 January 2014

From the mouths of idiots...

(Clearly, no offence to idiots intended!!)

OK, so over the weekend, a fairly close family member said quite an insensitive thing regarding our lack of fertility. We brushed it off, that side of the family are quite mean anyway... but it made me think of all the other things people say (probably to try and make it seem better) but end up digging big holes... 

So I though i'd share them! Please, please, please feel free to comment with your own silly comments that you have heard! 

So starting with the most recent... 

  • "Well, why don't you just go out and sleep with someone, get pregnant, and then there will be no IVF costs."  (Yes, seriously, she said it twice, in front of my poor husband!)
  • "At least you don't have to wear condoms now." (Can't you tell, I'm really excited about this one!)
  • Now you can just enjoy sex... (because baby making is just so awful!)

  • "Wouldn't it be easier to just find someone else?" (Yea, nice, thanks!)

  • "Oh, yea, I've got other friends that are firing blanks" (Tactful!)

  • "Maybe you could just buy a baby!" (Haha, that's funny!)

  • "At least you won't need to go through awful pregnancy!" (Oh, yea, hadn't thought of that!)

  • "Can't you just buy some swimmers off the internet?" (Nice!)

  • "You don't have to have children, I have had three, but I would have been more than happy without any" (try saying that when you don't have any!)

So what lovely statements have you had? 

I understand that unless you have been through it, it is difficult to understand. But surely when common sense is involved... we can laugh them off, but at the time it hurts. 

I know we will get there, without being unfaithful, without buying my baby, without just buying some strangers swimmers. I don't need to find anyone else, I love my husband, and will go through an awful pregnancy and put up with these bloomin' awful comments, and at the end, we will be holding our precious bundle! 



2 comments:

  1. One of my favourites was an actually lovely friend who when we were talking said "well I'm not in the desperate situation you are"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that is awful, people really know how to make you feel better!

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment :)