Tuesday 7 January 2014

Heartbreak Central...

I asked for Celine Dion's new album, Loved me back to life, for Christmas. On Christmas day, under the tree, was my new album. Eeek! 

We all know that we listen to the songs we know first, and it takes a while to get to know the others! Well, I was driving home last night, singing my heart out to my new found songs. I'd not long started my journey, when a song I hadn't heard started. It was less than a minute in and I was sobbing... 

After coming home, yes, after having it on repeat all the way home. I did some research into the song. 

It was written by a husband and wife songwriter duo. They were inspired by a documentary that Celine did on the OWN Network, where she talked about her struggle to conceive. She underwent 2 operations to improve her fertility, and then went on to have In-Vitro Fertilisation. Her son Rene-Charles was born in 2001. Her twins, Nelson and Eddy were born in 2010, after her sixth In-Vitro Fertilisation. 

So, as you can imagine, the words and now the meaning of this song, is giving me shivers. It was a pretty stressful day yesterday, and hearing this on the way home, back to my husband, made me remember what my goal is... what is really important. 

Here is the link to the song...you need to listen! Always be your Girl - Celine Dion

Oh, and in other news...I managed to rack up a £2,500 basket on the Mothercare website. Ooops. Hubby just laughed at me. I guess I should start paying it off now! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment :)