Tuesday 8 July 2014

Operation Positive

It is a week until my baseline scan. All being well, it then all kicks off. 

We are so close. For the first time since we found out about hubby's Azoospermia I am struggling. Since the diagnosis we have known that we wouldn't get pregnant, so I guess we focused on other things. We were on a long NHS waiting list, and had to do just that. In that time, I could cope with bumps and babies. 

Now that we are so close, I am getting emotional. I have people all around me that are trying to conceive, people who are having babies, people planning on trying to conceive. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased and happy for them. But it doesn't seem fair. We have been trying for over 4 years, we have dreamt of bringing our baby home for that long, and it is so hard to watch others do it with ease. 

I am sure I am not alone. I am sure there are thousands of ladies that feel exactly the same. A maternal instinct that has to be compressed because we haven't got what nature intended. 

So ''Operation Postive'' starts today. In about 3 weeks, I will be having my egg collection. A few days later, a strong and perfect little embie will be finding a snug place to nest. Two weeks after that, I will be seeing those two lines. And this time next year, I will be looking at our miracle. Because, this is going to happen. I will be a Mummy.

So here is your assignment .... you are also going to carry out ''Operation Positive''. I don't care where you are in your fertility journey. You will today set yourself a timeline. You will tell yourself you will do it, you will achieve it, and you will become a Mummy too. 

We need to keep this positive attitude. Because, we should not have to go through life feeling negative. Together, we will all have our miracle babies ... have hope. 


2 comments:

  1. Big hugs hunni. This is going to happen, you deserve this more than anyone I know! I'm loving operation positive. :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hun. Operation positive is going well :) Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :)