Sunday 1 March 2015

Pregnant after IVF...

We are know at 14 weeks. A whole 10 weeks since finding out, and 3 and a half months into our pregnancy. I am awaiting my 20 week scan appointment and my consultant appointment.

I am not sure what pregnancy is like after a natural conception so I have nothing to compare my pregnancy too, however I still cannot envisage me with 2 babies.

My bump is growing, I spend half my day needing the loo, and my boobs feel like someone has attached hot weights onto them... I have a nursery half complete, clothes, nappies and blankets upstairs. But I cannot get my head around them being used by my babies.

I wonder if it is an IVF thing. We spend so long hurting emotionally, that we put a barrier up to protect our emotions. I am hoping when I start feeling proper movement (been feeling very light flutters) things will step up a level.

I get a surge of excitement when I talk about the birth, or life after birth.

In terms of the pregnancy, things seem to be going ok (touch wood). I am getting lots of strong ligament pain, and my hips and back have bad days. I am still getting occasional nausea, but it has got better. My bump is really quite there now, and I spend hours asking hubby if I just look fat...because I just don't believe I have a pregnancy bump!!

I await the news of post every day, in the hope that I have that familiar envelope. I did have a hospital letter the other day to tell me all my screening bloods came back as normal. This is wonderful and we are very pleased (although I had them checked for egg sharing, so wasn't worried about there being a problem)

So I will continue to wait, continue to look in the mirror, and continue to tell myself that this is real!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment :)