Tuesday 13 May 2014

'..'Not your child..''

For anyone out there that believes that using a donor takes away your parental status...

We are using Donor Sperm to conceive our much wanted child - I am sharing my eggs to give another couple the chance of a family. A lady recently expressed her view that my husband would not be a father, and that I would have children everywhere. 

The naivety of some people both humors and saddens me. 

Who am I, that hears your beating heart from the womb?
Who am I, that watches your first breath, 
Who am I, that holds your tiny body just minutes old?
Who am I, that witnesses your first smile? 
Who am I, that helps you take your first steps? 
Who am I, that reads you a bedtime story and kisses you goodnight?
Who am I, that walks you through the playground on your first day at school?
Who am I, that watches you run through the sea and play in the sand?
Who am I, that see's your face when you go to the zoo for the first time?
Who am I, that pushes you on the swing and catches you off the slide?
Who am I, that consoles you when you loose your teddy?
Who am I, that sits with you through the night when you are ill?
Who am I, that helps you with your homework?
Who am I, that watches your school performance with pride?

Who am I, that feels your pain and sadness?
Who am I, that shares your happiness?
Who am I, that watches you in awe and pride?

I am your parent, and I will love you for eternity.... 

Those are the things that matter. They are the things that make us a parent. A mother or a father. 

My husband will make the most amazing father, and I am so immensely proud of him, even now. I can tell he loves a baby that isn't conceived yet. How dare anyone tell me that he will not become a father. He already is one. 

The lady that recieves my eggs will already love her child. She has waited and wanted long enough to make the decision she has made. She will make a wonderful mother. I hope, if she ever has someone talk about the lack of biology, that she shrugs her shoulders and turns away smiling. Because they are ignorant to the facts. 

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You have made such a strong decision to take the gift of biology. You already love your child that much. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment :)