Tuesday 6 May 2014

Finding my match...

So the clinic phoned this morning. We have the results after 4 long weeks. Not quite as long as the 7 months poor hubby has waited for the same results. We are due to get those on Friday. Watch this space. 

All is fine. I cried. I actually jumped for joy, then burst into tears. After 4 years of waiting, I am waiting for something catastrophic to happen.

They are looking at matching tomorrow, but already have someone in mind. The lovely nurse said I should have my letter and pill out in the post within a week. 

I phoned hubby, then my mum, then text my best friend. Then when I stopped to think about it myself, it wasn't our dream I thought about. 

I thought about the lady that will get a phone call this week, telling her that they have found a match, that if she is to accept she will start treatment soon. I thought about her dream, how it was beginning to come true. Somewhere, a lady will be wearing the same grin as me, be living on cloud nine. If she accepts, I made her dream possible. If there is something positive to come out of four years of waiting - this is it.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment :)