Thursday 24 April 2014

A poem for my child...

Sometimes, I just sit and think, and words come into my head. I am a soppy idiot, and often the words are how I feel and what I would like to say to my child. So tonight I decided to write my thoughts down in the way of a poem - 

My plan for life was simple, 
To fall in love and wed, 
To have a home and family, 
That's what I have always said.

My dream grew stronger as time went on, 
The weeks turned into months. 
Watching every sign, 
Holding on to hope. 

Twelve months went by,
Off to the doctors we went. 
Still no baby, 
Lots of tests taken and sent. 

We waited for a simple answer, 
Instructions or pills to take. 
A miracle cure we needed, 
A baby, we couldn't make. 

After waiting an eternity and dreaming of you, 
It is now not that far away. 
Just weeks from the start of our treatment, 
I think of you every single day. 

Some people may call me crazy,
others may call me mad. 
Four years in waiting my baby has been, 
Four years to become mum and dad. 

I have to argue with those that say, 
my baby does not exist yet. 
I fell in love with you a long time ago, 
Even if we are yet to met. 

You are already in our hearts, 
In our lives every waking moment. 
If we meet you in one year or two, 
A miracle from up above, you were sent. 

One day soon I will be holding you in my arms, 
watching the joy on your daddy's face. 
The most natural thing on this planet we will have achieved, 
and I know that you will be in the right place. 

Please know that you will  be forever loved, 
that we spent years hoping to hold you, 
that you will be the most amazing gift, 
for me, for daddy, and for our family too. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment :)